I-MSCP error when creating a new SQL user

• Hi all,

I get the following error when creating a new user in the I-MSCP panel:

An unexpected error occurred

An exception has been thrown in file /var/www/imscp/gui/library/Functions/Shared.php at line 2778:SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1055 Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'imscp.sql_user.sqlu_id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by

Query was:

SELECT sqlu_id, sqlu_name, sqlu_host FROM sql_user INNER JOIN sql_database USING(sqld_id) WHERE domain_id = :domain_id AND sqld_id != :sqld_id AND CONCAT(sqlu_name, sqlu_host) NOT IN( SELECT CONCAT(sqlu_name, sqlu_host) FROM sql_user WHERE sqld_id = :sqld_id ) GROUP BY sqlu_name, sqlu_host

I haven't done that since 6 months ago. But I have updated my MySQL server version from 5.5 to 5.7 since then (run the mysql_upgrade command and the repair all databases command, too with no effect). Is this related to the upgrade?

How do I fix it?

I am running Debian 8.1 with MySQL 5.7.9 and I-MSCP 1.2.9

Thanks!

Sven

• Hello ;

i-MSCP has not been tested for MySQL 5.7 yet. Why you have upgraded to that version while the version available in official repository (for jessie) is still the 5.5.46 version? MySQL 5.7 comes with many changes and thus, we cannot ensure that i-MSCP will work with it as long as that version will not officially supported.

To solve the problem here, you must disabled the only_full_group_by mode. Google is your friend.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206