Email does not work

• Hello,

I'm from Brazil and a new user of the i-mscp, but already used the ispcp.

I installed i-mscp in Ubuntu 12.04 and works fine, but the emails don't receive messages.

The emails are created in i-mscp.

I believe that should be DNS, because I use a dedicated DNS server.

The configuration used is:
    domain.tld MX 10 mx10.domain.tld

This configuration is correct?

Sorry my english.

Regards,
    Marcelo

Edited once, last by marceloeng ().

• I'm sorry if it's obvious, but in order to receive the email from outside i-MSCP your sender should be able to resolve your new MX record.

If you are gonna to do just some tests and the sender pc is on your local network you can simply edit your LAN dns to match the values from imscp.
    If you are trying to send email from a public email provider (such as Gmail) this is a little more complex, because you have to match the mx record on public DNSs (if the domain you used truly exists).

Try this, from the sender computer

1. type "nslookup" from a CMD (assuming che client is windows), or from shell (if it's unix like)
    2. type "set q=mx" from che nslookup prompt
    3. type the domain name you are using for test

If the result do not match the imscp dns entry, here is you problem.

• Hi Botolo,

Thanks for help.

Internal emails works fine, but external email like gmail, does not.

The message tha appera after your tips is:

Not authorization response

I tryed send email from a gmail account and receive the following response:

Technical details of temporary failure:
    DNS Error: Domain name not found

The mx record is: mx10.mydomain.com.br

This is correct mx record config?

Regards,
    Marcelo

• The configuration used is:
    domain.tld MX 10 mx10.domain.tld

You need an additional DNS Entry:

mx10.domain.tld IN A *Your Server IP*

• Your domain is mydomain.com.br?
    I don't think your public MX record is mx10.domain.tld, because "domain.ltd" do not exists.

Let's see what mxtoolbox says about your domain.

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool…tion=mx%3amydomain.com.br

10 mx01.ctitech.com.br 200.220.150.82
    10 zorak.ctitech.com.br 200.220.150.80

Is it correct?
    Having two mx records with pref 10 means that both of them can be reached alternatively.
    Maybe it's just a personal opinion, but I usually configure my first mx with pref 10 and the failover mx with an higher pref, let's say 30.
    My first mx is configured on my best line. The second one on my failover line.

Now, let's see if they're ok.

mx01.ctitech.com.br SMTP check

OK - 200.220.150.82 resolves to mx01.ntsnet.com.br
    OK - Reverse DNS matches SMTP Banner
    Warning - Does not support TLS. (do not bother about this now)
    0 seconds - Good on Connection time
    OK - Not an open relay.
    3.822 seconds - Good on Transaction Time

Blacklist check is fine too.

zorak.ctitech.com.br SMTP check

OK - 200.220.150.80 resolves to zorak.ntsnet.c
    OK - Reverse DNS matches SMTP Banner
    Warning - Does not support TLS. (do not bother about this now)
    0 seconds - Good on Connection time
    OK - Not an open relay.
    3.136 seconds - Good on Transaction Time

Blacklist check is fine too.

So far everything seems fine.

Let's talk about your possibile port forwarding/nat/whatever configuration from the public IPs to your internal network.

mx01.ctitech.com.br 200.220.150.82
    zorak.ctitech.com.br 200.220.150.80

One or both of theese IP does redirect port 25 (SMTP) to your i-MSCP?

My opition is that you have another mail server for your domain mydomain.com.br.
    You want to try i-mscp as a possibile alternative, but you can't mess around with the current configuration. So you create with i-mscp a fake domain for tests. Is that correct?

If this is your case I think you have 2 options:
    - Just test imscp locally, with a fake domain or configuring a new one with the same name of your true domain. Remember that you can send email from it (froum Roundcube), but replyes to that emails will follow the public configuration and will be received from your true mail server.
    - Try to create a public subdomain with a new mx record. You just need another public ip address to forward the smtp connection to imscp.

Edited once, last by Botolo ().

• Hello Botolo,

Thanks for all.

mydomain.com.br is only a sample name. The real domain name is: drthiagoduarte.com.br

I following the sugestion of the Rone and create the adicional DNS record in my DNS server.
    mx10.drthiagoduarte.com.br A 201.33.19.223
    But does not work.

The nslookup output:
    # nslookup
    > set q=mx
    > drthiagoduarte.com.br
    Server: 192.168.2.1
    Address: 192.168.2.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    drthiagoduarte.com.br mail exchanger = 10 mx10.drthiagoduarte.com.br.

Authoritative answers can be found from:
    drthiagoduarte.com.br nameserver = b.sec.dns.br.
    drthiagoduarte.com.br nameserver = a.sec.dns.br.
    a.sec.dns.br internet address = 200.160.0.11
    a.sec.dns.br has AAAA address 2001:12ff::11
    b.sec.dns.br internet address = 200.192.232.11

If I send messages from email ([email protected]) to a external mail (like gmail), the message appears:

Erro SMTP (550): Falha ao adicionar o destinatário "[email protected]" (5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)

if I send messages from a external email, the message is returned:

The error that the other server returned was: 451 451 4.3.5 Server configuration problem (state 13).

Regards,
    Marcelo

• mx10.drthiagoduarte.com.br 201.33.19.223

comdesk.virtuaserver.com.br shoud be the server that it' resonding to the smtp connection.
    Are you sure that's imscp?

If I send messages from email ([email protected]) to a external mail (like gmail), the message appears:

Are you sendig from [email protected] (imscp domain I guess) to [email protected] and comdesk.com.br is hosted by gmail?
    I just tried via telnet a simulation with theese data and everything seems fine.
    Did you create on i-mscp the comdesk.com.br domain too? It seems that the replyng server do not know the user [email protected]

if I send messages from a external email, the message is returned:

Hard to guess with this data. It could be a postfix configuration problem, but I'm not so expert about it.
    My advice is to concentrate on problems one by one.

1. Do you send to another (if exists) mail server in your locale network?
    2. Do you receive from another (if exists) mail server in your locale network?

That is easier to test and debug and involves your local dns configuratin.
    If 1-2 are ok

3. Do you send to another mail server on internet? Try something you don't use internally, maybe a private email address.
    4. Do you receive from another mail server from internet? Same advice about a private email.

Edited once, last by Botolo ().

• Hi,

comdesk.virtuaserver.com.br shoud be the server that it' resonding to the smtp connection.
    Are you sure that's imscp?

Yes..."comdesk.virtuaserver.com.br" is a hostname of the server 201.33.19.223.

Are you sendig from [email protected] (imscp domain I guess) to [email protected] and comdesk.com.br is hosted by gmail?
    I just tried via telnet a simulation with theese data and everything seems fine.
    Did you create on i-mscp the comdesk.com.br domain too? It seems that the replyng server do not know the user [email protected]

[email protected] is hosted by google apps. I create the domain comdesk.com.br in i-mscp, but without emails.

1. Do you send to another (if exists) mail server in your locale network?
    Don't exist another email, but if I send from same account ([email protected]), works.

2. Do you receive from another (if exists) mail server in your locale network? Yes. If I send from same account, works.

3. Do you send to another mail server on internet? Try something you don't use internally, maybe a private email address.
    I don't have other email sever, only Googgle Apps and works.

4. Do you receive from another mail server from internet? Same advice about a private email.
    I don't have other email sever, only Googgle Apps and works.

Thanks for help,
    Marcelo

• Hello,

If I send to email outside of my server, I receive the following message:

Erro SMTP (550): Falha ao adicionar o destinatário "[email protected]" (5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table)

[email protected] is google apps email.

Does not have a solution? Is a bug or is a my misconfiguration?

regards,
    Marcelo