Migration from Server 1 (i-mscp 1.1.3) to server 2 (i-mscp 1.1.5)

• Hi,

I have the "mission" to migrate 30 Webhostings from Server 1 (with i-mscp 1.1.3) to server 2 (with i-mscp 1.1.5). And... no - they are not in the same server-farm (server 1 is hosted at strato and uses fcgi... server 2 at hetzner with php fpm) and strato didn´t allow direct contact between them server and other... (I hope you understand what I mean).

I´ve searched a long time for a HowTo or a skript (I know - it doesn´t give a sript for this) but I can´t find something like this.

So I wanna try to write a HowTo and please you to help me.

The first steps I would do are the following:

• Update server 1 to i-mscp version 1.1.5 (as Update like it is in the wiki)
    • Install a brandnew i-mscp on server 2 (like it is in wiki, too)
    • copy all directories (/var/www/virtual/ and /var/mail/virtual/) from server 1 to server 2
    • copy all logs from server 1 to server 2 (my customers wanna have them)
    • make a dump of mysql and copy it from server 1 to server 2
    • Start the Update-script of i-mscp again...

Is that all, or have I a lot of things forgotten?

• Hello ;

You must also nullify all unix user related fields into the admin table before running the i-MSCP installer (on server 2) to force i-MSCP to create new unix users for your customers.
    To resume, you must follow the steps described here before running the installer on server 2 once you copied all your data from server 1.

For further help, just ask.

http://i-mscp.net/index.php/Th…e/?postID=20023#post20023

http://i-mscp.net/index.php/Th…e/?postID=20023#post20023

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• No, just after importing imscp database on server 2

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Oh, c'mon! Don't you guys reflect what you are doing?!

a) Migrate all domains firstline by copying the database and delete those, you don't to have there subsequently.
    OR (depends on the number)
    b) Migrate only those domains you want to migrate manually.

That's it. 30 Domains is "Kindergeburtstag" :->

• I wouldn't delete anything on server one. Keep it as a backup. Just alter your DNS.

• So - ok...

this night I transfered the 30 domains from my old server (1) to the new one (server 2) and followed the tips.

Short description:

• setup the new server (2) with debian 7 minimal
    • install i-mscp like the howto in the wiki (on server 2 with php as fpm per domain, dovecot, ajaxplorer)
    • update i-mscp on server 1 to 1.1.5
    • stop apache on server 2
    • transfer all files in /var/www/virtual and /var/mail/virtual via scp from server 1 to server 2
    • export all databases via phpMyAdmin on server 1 and import it on server 2 (move the tables from ispcp-database to i-mscp-database)
    • nullify the admin-related files and entries in the table (make the "SQL-Abfrage")
    • run the i-mscp-setup-script (without any error)
    • reboot the server (I know... linux didn´t need to reboot)

Now I have a problem with MySQL. If I try to go on my webpage (e.g. http://www.tng-server.de ) I just got the error-message, that the MySQL-Database can´t connect. If I try to go in the admin-panel (i-mscp via the IP-Adress or konfig.tng-server.de ) there is no problem. All services are running (I think).

What should I do to repair it? Can someone give me a tip or help me?