SpamAssassin Problems?

• Hello,

I get all day some notifications per email that SpamAssassin makes some troubles in combination with my vps, this was not the case in the past.

That are the errors and similar that I receive all day:

Code
    1. /etc/cron.daily/spamassassin:
    2. spawning /usr/bin/curl failed: Nicht genügend Hauptspeicher verfügbar at /usr/bin/sa-update line 1521.
    3. sa-update failed for unknown reasons

Even sometimes my vps goes unreachable for a while because of the lack of memory.

Can this be fixed maybe?

Other solution for me is to deactivate SpamAssassin and Uninstall it, what was the correct way to Uninstall it complete from server and imscp installation? :
    - deactivate and Uninstall it on the panel
    - purge it from system

Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

Nobody? @Nuxwin :)

Can maybe somebody only confirm the way to Uninstall it clear from system? The way above is right?

Thanks

Edited once, last by Goodpeace ().

• Hi,

well, the message "Nicht genügend Hauptspeicher verfügbar" says it all. Your VPS does not have enough memory. Please contact your provider. Maybe you have a VPS which is to small or it is a global problem of the host which provice your VPS.

It is not a problem if i-mscp.

Greets
    Chris

• Yes that i now, but because i can not upgrade at this point, i want to deactivate spamassasin, and thats because i ask if the way to deactivate/deinstall that was the right way :) ?

• Hi,

generally this is the correct way of deactivating and removing software on a debian/ubuntu/devuan system ;-)

But if you have a VPS it is just 1 click to get 1gb or just 10mb of memory. Maybe you have to change your vps host?
    I do not think this deactivating will last for long...

regards

• Thank you, because the RAM last for the rest of the system (i only need imscp installation as mailserver) for me the moment is to disable the "problem" => spamassassin :)

• I do not understand why you need i-mscp only for a mailserver setup - and why you disable spamassassin on this "mail-only" setup, as this should be your mail tool against spam...

He want probably ease mail accounts management. However, I agreed that if the vm cannot even support SA, that a bit messy.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206