Bug - .htgroup and .htpasswd files get cleared on main domain change

• Hello,

if a new SSL certificate is created automatically the files .htgroup and .htpasswd are emptied.
    They are still in the database, but the files are empty.

How can I fill the files again.

Kind regards
    Viktor

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 8.7 | Codename: jessie
    - i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.4.5 | Build: 20170613 | Codename: Zimmer
    - Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 1.2.0), PanelRedirect (v 1.2.0) & SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)
    - LetsEncrypt (v 3.3.0), PhpSwitcher (v 3.0.2), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.1)

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 8.10 | Codename: jessie

- i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3 | Build: 20180516 | Codename: Ennio Morricone

- Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), PanelRedirect (v 1.2.0) & SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)

- LetsEncrypt (v 3.6.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)

• @Viktor

Could you explain us the link between the Let's Encrypt plugin and both the .htpaswd and .htgroup files? There is nothing in the Let's Encrypt plugin that trigger deletion of those files. Those files are managed by independant modules.

I hope that this is not only an assumption from your side because I'm a bit tired of this kind of reports in which assumptions are emitten by people that have no idea of how i-MSCP and plugins are working.

Furthermore, you affirm something without providing us any log, nor the steps that could allow us to reproduce the problem.

Please read again: Reporting rules - Reminder

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello Nuxwin,

Sorry it is unfortunately so.

A customer told me that the .htaccess does not work anymore.
    I've looked and the two files are blank.
    I could not stand it and have manually re-created it.

Now my domain is the same.
    The two files are empty.
    I have create a new entry.

I've looked what this can do.
    I've noticed that at the time a new SSL certificate was generated.

At both domains murders at 0:10 clock the datas.

I do not know whether it's Let's Enccrypt or backup at the same time ?

I just wanted to say it and ask if you have an idea why.

Kind regards
    Viktor

- Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), PanelRedirect (v 1.2.0) & SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)

• I've looked what this can do.
    I've noticed that at the time a new SSL certificate was generated.

At both domains murders at 0:10 clock the datas.

I do not know whether it's Let's Enccrypt or backup at the same time ?

So to resume:

You noticed that the files are cleared when a new SSL certificate is generated. So ok, you noticed something but you don't provide the logs that could prove that fact. This is only an asumption.

But the more funny with people like you: You've noticed something but after all, you don't really know if that is related to the Let's Encrypt plugin or now, the backup script (again a free assumption).

In fact, you're emitting assumptions without any prove... That is like if I said: "My domain is not reachable anymore... This is due to my Nespresso machine because the site is not more reachable since I've made a cup of coffee" ;)

Do you understand the problem here? i-MSCP is made of several modules and most are independent each others. You you cannot just say: One thing don't work anymore due to that thing, without any start of proof....

By processing like this, you make us lose our time. That is not because you're targeting important part of i-MSCP (here a non-free plugin) that we will investigate the problem more faster. Even worse, by making such assumptions, you force us to investigate parts that are not related. Our time is precious and you don't help us here.

• Hello Nuxwin,

Sorry I post here and ask for help.
    I always thought it was about support and help.

I have unfortunately found no log file that is files empties.

Maybe you know how I can check what causes the empty of the files.

To abbreviate, can you tell me with which command I can re-write the files again?

Kind regards
    Viktor

• Sorry I post here and ask for help.
    I always thought it was about support and help.

Only when our reporting rules are respected ;) You're posting in the plugins support section while your problem belong to a core feature which has nothing to do with the plugin.

I have unfortunately found no log file that is files empties.

Since time you're using i-MSCP, you don't know why? Really? In the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf configuration file, there is something called DEBUG...

To abbreviate, can you tell me with which command I can re-write the files again?

I'll not give you any command. I prefer show you directly through teamviewer.

• I'll not give you any command. I prefer show you directly through teamviewer.

Hello Nuxwin,

How do we do now.

Should I send you my teamviewer ID via PM?

With kind regards
    Viktor

• Should I send you my teamviewer ID via PM?

Yes, because I do not have the faculties of a telepath yet ...

• Hello Nuxwin,

thanks for your help and you found the problem.

There is a bug but it is in CORE. That not cause of Let's Encrypt plugin.

When a domain get changed, the .htgroup get copied again from skeleton directory and therefore, the current one is deleted.
    The htgroup, htuser are not processed again.

Will be fixed in next release.

Thanks for your Support
    Viktor

• A fix has been added in our development branch. See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…3cc320e0d20d066a98acec2a1

This fix will be part of next release.
    Thank you for your report.

BTW: Thread moved and subject renamed.