Couldn't bring up the `enp0s3:1002' network interface: RTNETLINK answers: File exists

• Need support, please see attachment for details.

How to get the network interfaces up again? I executed "perl imscp-autoinstall -d" because some customer sites did not come up and I saw that they are linked with a old private ip which lease has expired. I think by executing "perl imscp-autoinstall -d" this will also be fixed but now that shows me that error message and I do not even get the interfaces up.

I was wondering if anybody can support me a.s.a.p. here?!

Dirk

Files

Edited 3 times, last by Dirk Lehmann ().

• Hi Dirk,

you could try to reboot the server - normally that should bring up the interfaces again. It this does not help, you could connect to the mysql database and update the value for the domain_ip_id column, from the domain table and for the domain one value of ip_id column from the server_ips table. After please try to run the installer again.

Regards Jörg

(Ubuntu 16.04, i-MSCP 1.5.1, php-Fpm, Plugins: ClamAV, CronJobs, InstantSSH, LetsEncrypt, Mailgraph, Monitorix, OpenDKIM, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postscreen, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, ServerDefaultPage, SpamAssassin, YubiKeyAuth)

• I rebooted the machine already and tried running the installer with auto-install again. Same problem. Now I try somehow to connect to the mysql database within the machine and try your answer.

• But one more question: Isn't there a other way of fix that the installer will run successfully, because I do not have a PhpMyAdmin or some similar tool ready and I am not so used to the tables of i-mscp. Therefore I do not know which sql-commands to enter if I connect by MySQL-Client ?!?

• Wouldn't it be easier and quicker just to remove line 101 in the files with the help of chmod 777 to get access and the vi to edit them?! But I would like to know before I do so, that the problem does not get worser. Please see attachment and I was wondering if someone could let me know.

• Hallo Dirk,

entweder du bekommst die Schnittstelle wieder mit der IP ans Laufen oder du musst in der Datenbank die IPs/Schnittstellen gerade ziehen, da die Schnittstelleninformationen in der Datenbank hinterlegt sind.
    Grundsätzlich kannst du die Datenbank ganz einfach über die Konsole ansprechen - dazu brauchst du nicht unbedingt PhpMyAdmin. Die Tabellen, die du benötigst heißen wie oben geschrieben domain und server_ips.
    Ohne die Korrekten Schnittstellen bzw. korrekte Datenbankeinträge wirst du den Installer nicht zum starten bekommen.
    Was sagt der Server denn auf ifconfig -a? Ist das Interface dort aufgeführt - vielleicht mit einer anderen IP?

Gruß Jörg

(Ubuntu 16.04, i-MSCP 1.5.1, php-Fpm, Plugins: ClamAV, CronJobs, InstantSSH, LetsEncrypt, Mailgraph, Monitorix, OpenDKIM, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postscreen, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, ServerDefaultPage, SpamAssassin, YubiKeyAuth)

• ifconfig -a zeigt das interface enp0s3, die ip habe ich bisher nicht verglichen. Ich habe also in der Datenbank nachzuschauen. Das dauert etwas für mich.

• Hi,

am Besten erstmal mit dem imscp_user über mysql -u imscp_user -p anmelden (Passwort sowie die Informationen findest du unter /etc/mysql/conf.d/imscp.cnf), dann use imscp um die Datenbank auszuwählen und danach dann über select * from server_ips mal schauen, welche IPs in der Datenbank sind.
    Du kannst das ja erstmal mit der IP deines Interfaces vergleichen und dich dann noch mal melden.

Meintest du gerade wirklich enp0s2, weil die Fehlermeldung enp0s3 betrifft.

Gruß

• Danke für die Hilfestellung zu dem Command Line Interface bzw. die mysql-befehle, allerdings bekommen ich bei select * from server_ips kein Ergebnis angezeigt.

• sorry - hatte ich vergessen - ein Semikolon fehlt noch - kannst du auch in der zweiten Zeile hinter dem "->" noch eingeben und mit Enter bestätigen. Dann bekommst du den Tabelleninhalt