MailMan Plugin mailing list without lists inside the mailinglist email

• @makenewmedia

That is by design. I'll see if we can lift that limitation in a future release.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @makenewmedia

That is by design. I'll see if we can lift that limitation in a future release.

i need to use it without list inside the domain. Like it worked in Release 0.0.3. Now its commercial with lower use for me.

Do u know is it possible to use mailman with domain.tld if i add the list manually by shell?

• i need to use it without list inside the domain. Like it worked in Release 0.0.3. Now its commercial with lower use for me.

In version 0.0.3, this was a bug ;) All lists are made available through a list.<domain.tld> subdomain. This was same in version 0.0.3. However, in version 0.0.3, we used <domain.tld> as domain for the list owner email and this was a bug. Of course, we could revert that change or allow the list administrator to choose.

Do u know is it possible to use mailman with domain.tld if i add the list manually by shell?

No, any manual change would break the plugin. I'll have a look this evening. Be a bit patient.

Thank you.

• @makenewmedia

A new version will be released soon. The following issues will be addressed:

Version 2.0.0

• Added: `mailman_proxy_listen_addr` and `mailman_proxy_listen_port` configuration parameter DONE
    • Added: `mailman_url_host' and `mailman_email_host' columns in mailman database DONE
    • Added: onBeforeMailmanAddList and onAfterMailmanAddList events DONE
    • Added: onBeforeMailmanDeleteList and onAfterMailmanDeleteList events DONE
    • Added: onBeforeMailmanUpdateList and onAfterMailmanUpdateList events DONE
    • Changed: Apache2 version 2.4.10 or greater is now required DONE
    • Changed: The plugin now provides its own /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py configuration file DONE
    • Changed: Mailman lists are now hosted on existents customer domains (see the UPDATE.md file for further details) DONE
    • Enhancement: Customers can now choose on which domain their list must be hosted DONE
    • Fixed: Default `mailman' list must have its own Web interface accessible by i-MSCP administrators only POSTPONED TO LATER VERSION
    • Fixed: Email and password of default `mailman' list must be modifiable through i-MSCP administrator interface POSTPONED TO LATER VERSION
    • Fixed: Email host of the lists must be configurable (One list owner could prefers have the list emails under top level domain) CANCELED
    • Fixed: Email notification templates must be loaded through the `onLoadTemplate' event to make them overridable DONE
    • Fixed: Email notifications for new lists are sent too early DONE
    • Fixed: On plugin installation, automatically install required distribution packages DONE
    • Fixed: On plugin installation, the default `mailman' list must be created automatically DONE
    • Removed: Apache2 vhost template file for mailman lists (there is now one included configuration file) DONE
    • Removed: Obsolete `mailman_dns_records_ttl' configuration parameter DONE

Also if find the time

• Allow lists owners to make their list reachable through any of their existent domains instead of using a dedicated static lists.maindomain.tld domain that hosts all lists DONE

In that perspective, the upgrade path will be as follow:

For any existent list, the new mailman_url_host parameter (that is, the URL for access to mailman list interface) will be set to customer main domain. The properties of the lists will be updated accordingly. This update path will necessarly have an impact on existent lists because the mailman Web interface entry point will be changed from http://lists.domain.tld to http//domain.tld/mailman/. However, with this new version, the administrator will be able to mimic the old behavior by creating the lists.domain.tld subdomain manually and by setting it as URL host for his lists. The notable enhancement here is that, one lists owner will be able to host some lists on domain1.tld while others will be hosted on domain2.tld.

• Allow lists owners to make their list reachable through SSL - I need first check that the mm_cfg.DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN is not used when the URL host is explicitely set for a given list. In that perspective, a list owner will have first to enable SSL for the domain and then, he will be able to change the scheme for the URL host from http:// to https://

• When will u release the update u mentioned above?

When ready ;)

• @makenewmedia

Just to say that work is in progress ;) I need to fix some problems regarding moving a list between domains and do my final tests.

mailman_2.0.0.png

• @makenewmedia

Should be fixed in latest version. See Mailman plugin v2.0.0 RELEASED

Thread closed.