Error updating 1.3.16 to 1.4.0 during creation of service directory

• Hello,

I am using Ubuntu 16.04 and tried to update i-MSCP from 1.3.16 to 1.4.0 (server implementation:_fcgid; all plugins disabled in advance) . During the update I receive an error during creation of service directory (code section of commit bb2392f).
    I did the normal steps for update - auto mode.
    The log files are attached. The directory "/run/imscp" is created with www-data:www-data. The root user and group according to config is root:root.
    If you need further information please let me know.

Regards Jörg

Files

• logs.zip

(9.81 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )
    • error.JPG

(49.81 kB, downloaded 33 times, last: )

(Ubuntu 16.04, i-MSCP 1.5.1, php-Fpm, Plugins: ClamAV, CronJobs, InstantSSH, LetsEncrypt, Mailgraph, Monitorix, OpenDKIM, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postscreen, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, ServerDefaultPage, SpamAssassin, YubiKeyAuth)

Edited once, last by UncleJ ().

• @UncleJ

Can you execute systemd-tmpfiles --create manually on your server and post us the output if any and also, just after execution, post the result of echo $?? Such error shouldn't occurs normally. I cannot reproduce it on my Ubuntu Xenial (16.04).

Edit: Also, if you run the i-MSCP installer again, does that error is still raised?

Thanks ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello Nuxwin,

this is the output from the server:

Code
    1. root@panel2:/usr/local/src/imscp-1.4.0# systemd-tmpfiles --create[/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/var.conf:14] Duplicate line for path "/var/log", ignoring.Adjusting owner and mode for /dev/ploop11881p1 failed: Operation not permittedAdjusting owner and mode for /dev/ploop43699p1 failed: Operation not permittedAdjusting owner and mode for /dev/simfs failed: Operation not permitted
    Code
    1. root@panel2:/usr/local/src/imscp-1.4.0# echo $?
    2. 130

Hope this helps.

Regards Jörg

(Ubuntu 16.04, i-MSCP 1.5.1, php-Fpm, Plugins: ClamAV, CronJobs, InstantSSH, LetsEncrypt, Mailgraph, Monitorix, OpenDKIM, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postscreen, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, ServerDefaultPage, SpamAssassin, YubiKeyAuth)

• @UncleJ

Ok. That not an i-MSCP bug. This lie to your environment. You use an LXC or OpenVZ container?

Can you please post use the content of your /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/var.conf file?

Thanks.

• Yes it is a virtual container.

Here is the content of the var.conf

• I have the same error with my vserver hosted at strato:

systemd-tmpfiles --create

Code
    1. root@XXX /etc/imscp/apache # systemd-tmpfiles --create[/usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/var.conf:14] Duplicate line for path "/var/log", ignoring.Adjusting owner and mode for /dev/vzfs failed: Operation not permitted

(I temporary fixed it myselfe by adding exclude parameters to be able to upgrade. I do not think that this is a great idea but if I stop now at this stage the services are not working.)

Edited once, last by UncleSam ().

• I'll so create the directory manually using i-MSCP lib but you must be aware that that command should not fail normally. To resume, there is problems with your vservers ;)

• @UncleJ

The problem is not due to a missing directory. That is due to the fact that the command fail due to permissions. Well, I'll release a fix version in next minutes.